Are you and your significant other in need of a romantic getaway? Look no further than the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Montana. This iconic route winds its way through Glacier National Park, offering breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains, glaciers, and alpine meadows.
Imagine the two of you in a convertible, driving along the winding road, taking in the stunning scenery and feeling the excitement of the unknown. The road is only open during the summer months, so it’s the perfect time to plan your trip.
Stop at one of the many “pull-offs” to take a hike or have a picnic while enjoying the view. The Going-to-the-Sun Road is a photographer’s paradise, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to capture the money shot.
As you continue on your journey, you’ll pass by picturesque lakes, cascading waterfalls and historic landmarks such as the Logan Pass Visitor Center and the Weeping Wall.
Make a pitstop at one of the local restaurants or cafes and indulge in some of the best huckleberry pie you’ve ever tasted, or perhaps a cream pie if that is more to your taste.
At the end of the day, check into a cozy cabin or a luxurious hotel and spend the evening cuddled up by the fireplace.
Pack your bags, grab your lover, and hit the road for romantic adventure you’ll never forget on the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Montana.
Don’t forget to check the park’s website for any road closures or constructions, and plan accordingly. Also, be aware of the bears and other wildlife that can be found in the park, and make sure to follow the safety guidelines.
5 Day Couples Road Trip Itinerary: Montana’s Going-to-the-Sun Road
- Fly into Kalispell Glacier Park International Airport and rent a car
- Drive to the West Glacier and check into a cozy cabin or a rustic lodge
- Spend the afternoon exploring the Apgar Visitor Center and take a hike on one of the nearby trails
- Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant or at the lodge
- Hit the road early and start your journey on the Going-to-the-Sun Road
- Stop at various pull-offs to take in the views, go for a hike or have a picnic
- Check into a hotel or a cabin with a mountain view
- Spend the evening at a local bar or restaurant
- Continue your drive on the Going-to-the-Sun Road, visiting the Logan Pass Visitor Center and the Weeping Wall
- Check into a hotel or a cabin near St. Mary
- Spend the evening at a local restaurant or enjoy a bonfire at the lodge
- Drive to Many Glacier and check into a hotel or a cabin
- Spend the day exploring the area, take a boat tour on Swiftcurrent Lake or hike to Grinnell Glacier
- Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant or at the hotel
- Spend the morning relaxing on the beach or take a hike to Iceberg Lake
- Drive back to Kalispell Glacier Park International Airport and return the rental car
The Going-to-the-Sun Road in Montana offers a unique and romantic experience for couples. From the stunning views of the snow-capped mountains and glaciers, to the charming towns and the laid-back atmosphere, this itinerary is the perfect mix of adventure, relaxation and romance.
Make sure you book in advance your hotel and any activity you might be interested in, and don’t forget to pack your hiking shoes, sunscreen and your adventurous spirit. Also, try not to eaten by the bears and other wildlife that can be found in the park, and make sure to follow the safety guidelines.